SOS Bus NI is a volunteer centred charity that is making a real difference to children, young people and adults on the streets of Belfast during the night time economy period. It offers a unique mobile service that can be located wherever it is needed. Trained volunteers and medical staff operate from specially designed and equipped vehicles deploying satellite foot and mobile patrols to extended areas of need. This ensures that professional caring services are delivered to the vulnerable in times of crisis when required.
SOS Bus NI believes in partnerships and works with other voluntary organisations, the emergency services and statutory bodies to create a safer place for everyone. It is committed to growing and delivering this help wherever it is needed.
SOS NI provides a twin-track approach to helping people. In simple terms, the daytime work is about prevention - while the night-time work is about dealing urgently with vulnerable people at times of crisis.
The SOS NI mission is to work together in partnership
- On our streets to unconditionally help people in their time of need
- In our schools to educate and empower young people to make enhanced lifestyle choices SOS NI is a volunteer centred organisation, our vision is to inspire hope and build better futures for everyone.
- Is a charity based on Christian belief that respects and embraces diversity
- Seeks to inspire and empower the individual
- Carries out all its activities with transparency
- Has an unconditional concern for, and caring acceptance of, each individual
- Believes that everyone deserves respect, dignity and the very best for themselves, their families and their communities
- Seeks to facilitate positive societal change
SOS NI is very grateful for the support and donations it receives from organisations and charitable foundations, which help us continue our services by funding training, equipment and other resources.