Back to Journal
Show Homes Open By Private Appointment
From Monday 15th June, our show homes will be open by private appointment with our estate agents,
I am a buyer / renter and I am going to view a house
While following government guidelines and staying indoors, you may have found your dream home on Propertynews.com. As you eagerly wait for the housing market to reopen, you may begin to wonder how you will view this property. What will be different to before? Can a partner join you on this viewing? Will there be other couples there?
Here is how a house viewing in Northern Ireland might look to a buyer / renter:
BEFORE A VIEWING
- If possible, it is advised to view a property virtually before attending a physical viewing. This ensures that you are only visiting a property that you are seriously interested in and will also limit the number of unnecessary journeys you make.
- If you have any questions about the property, email these questions to the estate agent as soon as possible. The estate agent will be able to provide more information before the viewing which will ultimately limit face-to-face contact.
- A viewer may not have as much time to look around a property as before. In England, property viewings are limited to 20 minutes to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus. Before attending a viewing, we advise contacting the estate agent to see if there is a time restriction in place.
- If you are concerned for your health when attending a house viewing, speak to the estate agent in advance who will be able to explain the precautions that they have in place at the property. Before attending a viewing, you may have to answer the below questions:
- Has anyone in your household had COVID-19?
- Has anyone in your household displayed COVID-19 symptoms or have not yet completed a required period of household isolation?
- Do you or anyone in your family have COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you in the high-risk category?
DURING A VIEWING
- Sanitise your hands before entering the property and sanitise again when you leave.
- All physical house viewings should be limited to one household. This means that if you live with a partner, then you will be able to view the property together. If you currently live in separate houses, it is advised to book different appointments to the viewing.
- Wear a face covering and disposable gloves throughout the viewing. This will help to protect you and limit the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Avoid touching surfaces and bring hand sanitiser with you.
- Keep to the two-metre social distancing rule.
While the above information highlights what you might expect at a property viewing, it is important to remember that this is a guide. Before attending a viewing, we recommend contacting the estate agent who will be able to provide you with information on the safety measures that they are taking at property viewings.
During this unprecedented time, it is important to stay up-to-date with all the latest guidance and advice from the Northern Ireland Executive.
Article Credit: PropertyNews.com